Each person with dementia will experience its symptoms and progression differently, so it’s important to customize care to the individual person. Patience, flexibility and the support of family and friends will help you tackle the challenges ahead for your loved one. However, it also doesn’t hurt to consider a professional program for memory care like the one offered at Lester Senior Living in Morris County. There are many reasons to consider professional memory care, and in this article, our team at Lester will highlight the major reasons and address any concerns you may have for your senior loved one.
Why Choose Lester for Memory Care in Whippany, NJ?
- Specialized caregivers are onsite 24/7. All of our caregivers are extensively trained in the latest science and research-based practices in memory care. Their core goal is to make a positive difference for each memory care resident through cognitive exercises, safe socialization with other residents and assistance with daily tasks like getting dressed.
- Advanced safety measures in place. In Lester Senior Living’s Memory Care Suite there are security personnel onsite and 24-hour alert fobs to enforce the safety of memory care residents at all times.
- Dementia-friendly floor plans for each unit. All memory apartments are open floor plans, specifically designed to promote the safety of residents with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. This means that memory care apartments include enhanced safety measures like grab bars and emergency call buttons and omit features that could cause harm like a stove or clothing iron.
- Memory care is tailored to the individual. As mentioned above, we can easily help residents with daily tasks like bathing, cleaning, dressing, managing medications and going to the restroom, to name a few. The level of care provided is dependent on our thorough evaluation of each memory care resident.
- Many opportunities for safe socialization. It is so important for everyone to socialize, especially our seniors! At Lester Senior Living, this goes for our memory care residents as well. We have multiple options to socialize safely in our communal areas, such as the lounge, dining area, computer center, library, outdoor patio and more, with the supervision of our reliable caregivers.
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Support in Morris County, NJ
At Lester Senior Living in Morris County, our approach is memory care changes with each resident in our care. During the initial evaluation, our caregivers really take the time to get to know your loved one, their wants and needs, and then determine the level of care necessary. By providing meaningful experiences and the necessary support in our Memory Care Suite, your senior loved one with dementia can restore and maintain what matters most – their dignity.
For more information about Alzheimer’s and dementia care in NJ, please call us today or visit our website at: https://jchcorp.org/alzheimers-care-morris-county-nj/