Although we’ve already celebrated a new beginning with Rosh Hashanah, New Year’s Day is a second chance to reflect and change for the better. Starting the New Year off on the right foot means thinking about the future. For older adults, thinking about the future should absolutely include senior care options. If your senior loved one is looking to make a positive change this year in terms of their living arrangements, here are some key factors they should consider in assisted living.
- Encouraging independence. One thing that seniors value over anything else is retaining their independence. It is a priority for them to be able to still live the way they’d like, no matter the location of their home. At Lester Senior Living, we understand the importance of choice and give our residents different options for support services and weekly social activities. The goal is to encourage independence wherever possible, and have the right assistance in place to fall back on when needed.
- Safety and security measures. Assisted living communities should be designed especially for seniors, especially when it comes to their safety. This includes installing ramps for wheelchair access, safety grab bars in restrooms and wander management systems for those who may have memory loss conditions. At Lester Senior Living, we have all of the above in place, as well as caregivers and security personnel on duty 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to provide urgent assistance if needed.
- Promoting mental and physical health. The right assisted living community should offer many different wants to improve the overall physical and mental health of their residents. With that being said, all of the JCHC communities offer weekly programs including fitness classes, JCHC University classes, off-site trips, synagogue services and activity clubs like knitting, mahjong and gardening – to name a few. These activities not only stimulate the mind and body, but also help build strong resident friendships and a sense of purpose within the community.
- Offering day-to-day assistance. One thing we noticed that our senior residents don’t miss: chores around the house! More often than not, chores can become more challenging and time-consuming as we age. The staff at any assisted living facility should be able to take over any chores around your loved one’s apartment, so that they have time for more enjoyment in their day to day lives. This can include assistance with personal care like getting dressed for the day, apartment cleaning services and meal options.
- Opportunities to explore. Sure, the assisted living community in question should offer a lot of their activities on site. However, everyone needs to get out once in a while to explore and try something new. Outings to local shops, social events and more are all organized and taken care of by our fully-trained and friendly staff here at Lester Senior Living in Morris County. The best part? Your loved one won’t have to worry about transportation – we got it covered.
Quality Assisted Living in New Jersey
Most of all, moving your loved one to an assisted living community should elevate your loved one’s quality of life. However, this can only happen at a community that the whole family can trust and believe in. We encourage you and your loved one to visit Lester Senior Living in Whippany New Jersey to see how our community can do just that. We’re sure that you’ll find Lester is dedicated to maintaining the independence and dignity of your family members through assisted living care services, social programs and strong bonds between staff members and residents. Ensuring everyone that chooses to live here will receive the support, stimulation and purpose they truly need.
For more information about our senior living options in New Jersey, please contact us today or visit our website at: https://jchcorp.og