It’s finally spring here at Lester Senior Living! Which means we are looking forward to getting outdoors more for live entertainment, daily walks and delicious picnics. We are also looking forward to classic picnic staples like homemade potato salad. If you’re looking for a new spin to this classic dish, check out our spring potato salad recipe from our chefs on-site.
Ingredients for Potato Salad:
- 4 Pounds Fingerling Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Large Red Pepper (small dice)
- ½ Bunch Chives (chopped)
- ½ Bunch Basil (chopped)
- 1 Cup Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise (see recipe)
- Kosher salt to taste
Ingredients for Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- Kosher salt to taste
Directions for Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise:
- Coat the garlic cloves with oil and roast in the oven at 300 degrees until golden brown and soft.
- Using a food processor, puree the garlic cloves until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise and continue to puree until well integrated together.
- Season with kosher salt.
- Refrigerate the mayonnaise until ready to use.
Directions for Potato Salad:
- Cut the fingerling potatoes in half (lengthwise) and place in a pot with salted cold water.
- Put the pot of potatoes on the stove and cook on high heat until boiling.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid.
- Leave the potatoes in the hot water until they are fully cooked.
- Drain the potatoes and place on a sheet pan, then drizzle the potatoes with vinegar and let them cool in the refrigerator.
- Once cool, place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the peppers, chives, and basil.
- Mix in the garlic mayonnaise and season with salt (or other spices) to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Or this potato salad can be stored and refrigerated for up to three days.
Trying New Dishes at Lester Senior Living in NJ
Our beloved chefs at Lester are always open to new recipe suggestions that also accommodate the dietary restrictions or kosher needs of our senior living residents. Whether it’s a simple potato salad or something more complex, there’s nothing they love more than perfecting new dishes and serving the residents in assisted living and independent living.
For more information about our food and dining options for seniors in Whippany NJ, please come visit us for lunch or visit our website at: https://jchcorp.org