When researching assisted living communities, most of us prioritize important things such as the size of the residential apartments, services offered, quality of care and costs. However, social interaction plays a crucial role in the quality of life of assisted living residents. Lester Senior Living in Morris County is dedicated to providing residents with the opportunity to lead a fulfilling life and here’s why:
- Strengthen relationships: Having a social circle that embraces different activities out of your loved one’s comfort zone will help them to build new relationships and strengthen established ones. Your loved one’s friends in assisted living will keep them in touch, busy and enjoying life in a community setting.
- Mental stimulation: Interacting socially with a range of people through different activities provides essential mental stimulation which is key to a healthy, functional brain. Studies show stimulation has been known to help reduce mental decline, lower the risk of dementia-related conditions and depression.
- Build confidence and trust: Seniors with active social lives are open to trying new things and learning new skills, which in turn boosts self-confidence and helps seniors to achieve their personal ambitions. By working together with others, relationships are built on a healthy foundation of trust, creating an environment where concerns can be shared and support is readily available if needed.
- Increased physical health and reduced stress: Social activities can help seniors stay physically active, maintain essential muscle strength and actively reduce harmful stress. Exercising in groups – whether in the form of yoga, nature walking or dancing – also helps keep seniors accountable, motivated to stay active and healthy.
Experience JCHC’s Social Events and Community Life
All JCHC communities place a strong emphasis on social interactions as part of our dedication to providing you or an aging loved one with the highest quality of care. While all activities are optional and seniors can participate as much or as little as they are comfortable with, we aim to deliver a wide range of activity options. Our support services at Lester Senior Living minimize daily tasks and free up time for activities such as:
- Live entertainment
- Physical fitness classes
- Themed social events
- University level seminars
- Torah study classes and synagogue services
- Game clubs like mahjong, bingo and board games
We encourage residents to take advantage of the many recreational activities and social outings provided by Lester Senior Living in Morris County. For more information about assisted living at Lester, contact us today or visit our website at: https://jchcorp.org/