Summer is here! Which means it’s time for you to take the summer vacation you’ve been dreaming of…. We’re sensing some hesitation on your end. If you’re concerned about who will take care of mom or dad while you’re gone – don’t worry, we have a solution: respite care. If you’re unfamiliar with this type of senior care service, let us break it down for you. Respite care is designed to give full-time caregivers a break from their duties on an as-needed basis. It can be administered circumstantially, i.e. until you get back from vacation or you can opt for respite services a few times a week – whichever option best works for you and your loved one.
If you’re still unsure about respite care, our respite care team in Morris County, NJ has compiled a list of the greatest advantages of the respite care program at Lester Senior Living.
- Your loved one will reside in a full-furnished apartment. Equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and standard in-house cable service, mom or dad can make themselves comfortable in one of our beautiful and spacious apartments on campus. With our in-house cable service, we call it “STV,” your loved one will be able to see what is currently going on at Lester. This service broadcasts activities going on daily, special gatherings and seasonal events, so mom and dad will be looped in with community life.
- Three meals a day provided by our culinary chefs. Whether your loved one wants to have a peaceful meal alone in their room, or to join other residents in the community dining room, they will receive three delicious meals a day – along with yummy snacks! Our culinary trained chefs love to try new recipes and are able to adhere to specific dietary restrictions and kosher preferences.
- Full wellness evaluation upon entry. Our wellness professionals on-site will be able to evaluate your loved one and make note of any daily medication required or provide more one-on-one attention if they have mobility limitations.
- Plenty of opportunities to socialize and enjoy favorite pastimes. Does mom love to knit or garden in her free time? Or does dad enjoy a fun game of gin rummy here and there? At Lester, we are proud to provide our residents with many opportunities to enjoy their favorite pastimes with other residents. Some of the fun activities we provide are chair dancing classes, knitting club, card games in the community game room, garden club, nature walks and more!
- The stepping stone into a senior living community. They won’t know until they try it! Respite is the perfect gateway to introduce senior living to mom or dad. With no long-term obligations, your loved one can explore the community, find out more about our services and amenities and meet their potential new neighbors. This is a great way to fully ensure assisted living is the right choice for both you and your loved one before coming to a solid agreement.
Respite care provided in Morris County, NJ
At JCHC’s Lester Senior Living, we’re dedicated to providing high quality respite care that prioritizes all aspects of resident wellness. There are many opportunities for your loved one to socialize in a secure and nurturing environment and enjoy all the activities they love to do, but may not have time to. With a welcoming atmosphere, lively residents, medically qualified professionals on-site and a calendar filled with extracurriculars, your loved one will be in the best possible care while enjoying their stay with us.
For more information on Lester Senior Living and all of our senior care services, please contact us today. You could also request a tour or visit our website at: https://jchcorp.org