Lester Senior Living
Lester Senior Living Renovation Project:
Our latest capital improvement plan, started last summer at our flagship Lester Senior Community, is one of our most ambitious and exciting upgrades yet. It allows us to meet or exceed the quality of amenities and services offered by other communities in the area, and provides needed updates to meet the changing needs of seniors in our care.
Just some of the overall plans for upgrades include:
- Upgrading and expanding the medical suite to add more examination rooms and to provide better patient
privacy and confidentiality for meetings between residents, family members and medical professionals.
- Reconfiguring the Heller community dining experience. Moving away from institutional dining setting to one that facilitates resident choice and a more restaurant style dining experience.
- Created a new, state-of-the-art cinema experience and made improvements to audio and visual systems in other locations that will make the experience accessible to all, including those with hearing and vision issues.
- New fitness opportunities such as an upgraded fitness area, an inside walking path and more dedicated outdoor space for exercise. Dedicated areas for a putting green and bocce courts.
- Reinventing our backyard to incorporate an outdoor dining experience, more raised gardening beds to improve community gardening opportunities and reduce social isolation.
- Reconfiguring the building driveway and entrances to provide shelter from the elements while exiting their
vehicles with a new porte cochere, regraded sidewalks and traffic calming measures.
- Replacing outdated furniture both indoors and outside with new seating, tables and other pieces that address the mobility limitations faced by a growing number of our senior residents.
- Introducing new safety and accessibility features in our apartments, such as walk-in showers, new kitchen
appliances and more and lower shelving.
- Making aesthetic and functional improvements in community rooms, common areas and apartments to
enhance socialization and make the building more visually appealing.