If you are concerned with the safety and security of your elderly loved one, you might want to consider independent living. Independent living is ideal for individuals who can still live without assistance, but enjoy the peace of mind of having access to help with daily tasks when needed. In this article, the team at JCHC will discuss five key benefits of independent living for our senior residents at Lester Senior Living and Village Apartments.
Independent Living Benefits at JCHC Communities
- Senior-friendly housing – With high-quality, apartment living, seniors are able to downscale from costly, high-maintenance houses with ease. Accommodations at JCHC’s Lester Senior Living and Village Apartments are designed for easy navigation (whether a resident is mobile, using a walker or in a wheelchair), compact and free of potential hazards.
- Social Interaction – Independent living encourages residents to participate in the community at a level where they are comfortable. With year-round events, movie nights, clubs, fitness centers, and more on-site, you can easily reach out and connect with the rest of the community and your fellow residents.
- Safety and Security –In the basic sense, this means protecting access to the JCHC community in question. It also means ensuring that our residents’ needs are met and emergencies are discovered and responded to in a timely fashion. At Lester and Village, we solve this by taking care of all maintenance, offering residents 24-hour safety pendants and security personnel on-site.
- Free Time – The most common reason that seniors transition from their own homes to JCHC independent living is the freedom gained. Downsizing from a large home minimizes personal chores, errands and time spent on home maintenance. Residents find that independent living gives them the time to pursue other long-delayed interests, like mahjong, gardening and yoga – just to name a few!
- Independence – Lester Senior Living and Village Apartments have the same goals as their residents – to keep them as independent as possible without infringing on dignity or privacy. This means we only provide the support as you need it, within the community. Additional amenities include social programs, university-level classes, laundry services, housekeeping services, scheduled transportation, and more.
At JCHC, our aim is to ensure that each of our independent living residents at Lester and Village maintain their dignity, quality of life and independence. Our programs ensure residents are encouraged to get involved with the communities at a level they are comfortable with and we tailor our services to ensure that each resident gets the support they require to live a full and happy life.
For more information about independent living in Morris County, visit our website at: https://jchcorp.org/