Jewish Federation Plaza – An Affordable Housing Community in West Orange, Essex County, NJ
Jewish Federation Plaza is the embodiment of “community.” The independent seniors who live here enjoy so many on-site activities and programs together—cultural, social, and recreational—including many clubs, events, and programs that they have created and lead for each other. They remember birthdays, celebrate milestones together, and support each other when someone is going through a difficult time.
Plaza, which comprises four buildings connected by a sunny promenade and social spaces, offers HUD-subsidized apartments for seniors and the disabled who qualify.
Life at Jewish Federation Plaza
Life at Plaza is a far cry from the typical affordable housing. From Game Night and the Walking Club to lifelong learning and fitness classes, our residents enjoy a roster of well-rounded activities every week. Many residents also enjoy the senior enrichment programs and facilities of the neighboring JCC of Greater MetroWest.
On-site services and amenities include:
- Delicious kosher dinners together five evenings a week in the community dining room
- Sunny community rooms for programs, activities, socializing
- Housekeeping services twice per month
- Transportation to cultural and community events and shopping
- Computers and internet access
- Beauty shop
- Extensive lending library
- Laundry rooms
- Regular visits from a social worker and nurse practitioner
- Individual emergency response systems 24/7
- Personal care and additional housekeeping service available by arrangement
Jewish Federation Plaza is located next to the JCC of Greater MetroWest and down the road from South Mountain Reservation. The community is easily accessible from I-280 and the Garden State Parkway.
West Orange, New Jersey 07052
Phone: (973) 530-3973
South Orange B’nai B’rith Federation House – Affordable Housing for Seniors in South Orange, Essex County, NJ
The South Orange B’nai B’rith Federation House (SOBBFH), for independent seniors, is a stately building that offers HUD-subsidized housing for elderly and disabled applicants who are eligible.
As a JCHC community, residents enjoy many on-site activities and services available on site as well as everything that South Orange has to offer.
Resident services and amenities include:
- Transportation to cultural events and shopping
- On-site exercise classes, cultural programs such as music, arts and crafts, games, and more.
- Community room for activities, lectures, social
- Outdoor patio
- Lending library with large and regular print books
- Computers with internet access
- Laundry rooms
- Regular on-site visits from a social worker and a nurse practitioner
- Individual emergency response systems (24/7)
- Personal care and housekeeping service available by arrangement
Located directly across the street from beautiful Grove Park, SOBBFH is just one mile to downtown South Orange and the post office, library, dining, shopping, and entertainment. The South Orange jitney is available per schedule to take residents there. SOBBFH is also close to Seton Hall University and within easy access of the Garden State Parkway, I-280, and I-78.
South Orange B’nai B’rith Federation House
219 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, New Jersey 07079