2018 Annual Dinner
RSVP/Place Ad Here
Village Luxury Apartments Video Tour
Going Away for the Holidays? Respite Stays for Seniors with Memory Disorders Keep Loved Ones Safe and Cared For While You’re Gone
Posted on 18 December 2017 by jchcorp.
With the winter holidays (and vacations) coming, and families and caregivers planning some time off, concern for loved ones with cognitive disorders is also on the horizon for many people. Who will watch out for their loved one’s daily needs? And, will that person’s interests and comfort be attended in ways that will keep them happy and secure?
For older adults with dementia-related diagnoses, the Lester Senior Housing Community now provides short-term respite stays in our Memory Care Suite, located in the Judy & Josh Weston Assisted Living Residence (which also offers a respite stay program). These stays allow seniors with memory disorders to enjoy the safety, security and warmth of a true home-away-from-home, with personalized attention from specially trained caregivers who support each resident’s needs for comfort (and gives relatives peace of mind). This is an extension of our assisted living respite program.
All respite stays are available for anywhere from ten days to two months, ideal for when family members or regular caregivers are away for short periods of time or need a break.
Respite stays for those with memory loss
Respite stays in our intimate Memory Care Suite enable older adults with memory issues to sample what’s available to our full-time residents. First and foremost is the compassionate care that puts each resident’s well-being first, with emphasis on wellness of body, mind and soul. Our holistic approach includes many different ways to stimulate or soothe, to encourage socialization while also respecting a person’s need for quiet time. Whatever each resident needs is what our caregivers provide.
Short-term respite stays in the Memory Care Suite include:
- A fully decorated apartment.
- Meals in the dining room at each person’s leisure.
- Time for socializing or relaxing in comfortable lounges or our quiet room.
- MUSIC & MEMORY? – Listening to musical favorites helps keep minds active and encourages meaningful social interactions, so important for older adults who have memory issues. Our team will set up personalized playlists on portable digital devices.
- Craft, games and other therapeutic activities.
- Central care manager station and elopement prevention system for resident safety and security.
- Planning a trip in the spring or summer? Your loved one may enjoy sitting outside on our private deck, with plantings, seating and beautiful views of nature.
For more information about short-term respite stays in the Memory Care Suite or the community’s independent and assisted living options, or to arrange a tour of the Lester Senior Housing Community, contact David Rozen at (973) 929-2725 or firstname.lastname@example.org.